This workshop has been thoughtfully prepared and recorded – and you can access it immediately. Upon purchase, you’ll receive a link to download a pdf document that gives you immediate access to both the online recording and handouts. ….$47
“It has to make money on paper first”:
The Power of Estimates & Change Orders…
Approximately 107 minutes:
- The power of Estimates:
- 7 really good reasons to use Estimates
- How to create Estimate reports in QuickBooks
- Opinion: The ‘Top 3’ Estimate reports
- 17 Features & limitations of Estimates & Estimate-based reports
- Examples & diagrams:
- How (and why) you should modify the existing QuickBooks Estimate template
- What the column titles on the Estimate REALLY mean
- How info flows from your QuickBooks Estimate into your Estimate vs. Actual Detail reports:
√ Traditional Time & Materials jobs
√ Cost Plus jobs
√ Fixed Price jobs (1 document approach)
√ Fixed Price jobs (2 document approach)
- Should you incorporate external estimating software?
- Are you already using other 3rd-party software, Access or Excel? If so…
- How to determine what level of detail you need (vs. what is provided)
- 3rd-party software integration with QuickBooks or Enterprise (precautions & insights)
- Is 3rd-party integration worthwhile for YOU?
- Who should be creating Estimates in QuickBooks?
- Info needed to complete a realistic, achievable Estimate
- Why companies often DON’T enter Estimates into QuickBooks…
- Typical problems with Estimates – what to avoid!
- Deciding exactly when Estimates should be entered into QuickBooks
- Other advanced techniques for QuickBooks Estimates and Quotes:
- Memorized Estimates – how to save time & get more accurate
- When multiple Estimates for a single job can be useful
- More control over what your customer sees – Creating & using Item Groups…..
- The power of Change Orders:
- How mid-stream changes impact your cost and profit margin
- How a Change Order system can help prevent profit leaks
- Change Order systems: How employees help (or hurt) profitability
- Tracking Change Orders in QuickBooks: An opportunity for enhanced margins?
- Structuring your initial contract for Change Orders
- Common pricing scenarios for Change Orders
- Creating faster, easier collections on Change Orders
- Examples of how to add Change Orders in QuickBooks
- Exhibits: Sample Job Cost reports