Will the QuickBooks Sunset Impact My Accounting or Intuit Services?
As of this moment, QuickBooks provides customer support and add-on services for Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. However, if you are still using a 2015 version of QuickBooks, your business may be affected on May 31st.
Why? If you are currently using a 2015 version (or older) you may be impacted by the May 31st “QuickBooks Sunset.” The term “sunset” means that certain features of the software will no longer function or be supported by QuickBooks. What does that mean for your business?
Will my version of QuickBooks be impacted?
If you’re using one of the 2015 versions of QuickBooks listed below, basic software features will still work, but you will lose some functionality on May 31. To preserve your add-on services, you must upgrade to the 2018 version.
The QuickBooks Sunset on May 31 will affect these 2015 versions:
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro
- QuickBooks Desktop Premier (General Business, Contractor, Manufacturing & Wholesale, Nonprofit, Professional Services, and Retail)
- QuickBooks Desktop for Mac
- QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions
- QuickBooks Desktop Accountant
- QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
Special note for QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions – You will continue to have access to support until the expiration of your Full Service Plan. To ensure functionality and uninterrupted service, install the latest version of Enterprise Solutions by May 31.
If you DON’T use any of the QuickBooks add-on services (see list of add-on services below) or require live technical support, you can continue to use your 2015 version. But, there are other good reasons to upgrade. For instance, if you’re looking for new features, or need a more robust version to keep up with your growing business, you may decide that this is a good time to make the upgrade to QuickBooks Pro, Premier, or Enterprise 2018.
What features will be discontinued as of the QuickBooks Sunset date?
These features will be discontinued on May 31 for 2015 QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise Solutions.
- QuickBooks desktop payroll services (Assisted, Basic, Standard, Enhanced, Workers Comp Payment Service, and View My Paycheck)
- Live support
- Online backup
- Online banking
- Critical security updates
- Credit Card Processing (including automatic credit card billing and terminal download)
- Check processing
- Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service
- Multi-currency/Exchange Rate
- Bill Pay
- Intuit Payment Network
If it’s time for you to update or upgrade to one of the 2018 versions of QuickBooks, be sure to get in touch with us right away. As intuit Resellers, we can help you choose the best fit for your company, AND provide the best available pricing for your new package.
Next Steps! Ready to upgrade?
We all know how quickly those late afternoons can pass, so don’t let the upcoming QuickBooks sunset sneak up on you!
If an upgrade is right for your business, don’t delay! You will want time to be able to ask questions and install your new version without the stress of the May 31 deadline.
Contact us directly for SIGNIFICANT discounts on Pro, Premier, and Enterprise (9 am – 5 pm Eastern at 734-544-7620 or toll-free 866-244-2228).
- Is cloud-based accounting something you’ve been thinking about? Be sure to mention that when you call in. We can show you how QuickBooks desktop can be configured for “anytime, anywhere” access using Intuit-authorized hosting services.
- Wondering if Enterprise might be a good choice for your company? Be sure to ask us about the 1 through 10-user (or up to 30-user!) versions of Enterprise, as well as the monthly payment feature.